Sunday 31 March 2013

The other side of the coin


I found this on the internet and loved it.
Thought it very appropriate for looking at our life from a different perspective

I have referenced the site here: http://www.thylacineslair.com/MindsRetreat.htm

The Other Side of the Coin
I am thankful....
For the taxes that I pay,
Because it means that I am employed.
For the mess to clean after a party,
Because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
For a lawn that needs mowing,
Windows that need cleaning,
And gutters that need fixing,
Because it means that I have a home.
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot,
Because it means I am capable of walking
And that I have been blessed with transportation.
Or my huge heating bill
Because it means I am warm.
For the lady behind me in church that sings off key,
Because it means that I can hear.
For the pile of laundry and ironing,
Because it means I have clothes to wear.
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
Because it means I have been capable of working hard.
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours,
Because it means that I am alive.
And finally.......
For all the e-mails I receive each day,
Because it means I have friends who think of me
In places far away and near.

No comments:

Post a Comment